Monday, March 15, 2010

Yes sir, I'd love to eat your crap.

Just back in from a 30 minute walk. Shower done, lunch made, middle age aches stretched out, ready to go.

I got another job. Not a great job, but a job. You don't pass up on a job these days even if it's grunt work when you have 15 years in the industry, even if it pays 2/3rds of what you're used to making.

The weirdest part is the schedule. I work 12 hour days (11 if you count my hour off for lunch). It's 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then the following week it's the same, but only on Wednesday and Thursday.

No holidays off. I get paid extra on holidays, but if I'm scheduled to work, I work.

It's amazing to me the kind of crap companies routinely expect their employees to accept these days.

No comments: